Department of Cooperation and Marketing
World Bank assisted
Maharashtra Agricultural Competitiveness Project (MACP)
Center for Indian Agricultural Marketing Intelligence (CIAMI)
Maharashtra Agricultural Competitiveness Project has an objective, on providing price forecasts before sowing and during harvesting of selected farm commodities; developing commodity market outlook for selected commodities at the State level; and providing commodity market research reports through the setting up of a Centre of Excellence for “Center for Indian Agricultural Marketing Services (CIAMI)”.
- To understand the requirements of various stakeholders concerning the information on marketing and prices of agricultural, horticultural, livestock commodities.
- To develop quantitative methods of analysis of market data and prepare models of forecasting and discuss them with experts/stakeholders by holding seminars, workshops, and discussions.
- To prepare long term forecasts of supply, demand and prices of important agricultural and livestock commodities of Maharashtra State and continuously update them.
- To hold seminars, workshops and training courses on Marketing and Prices of Agricultural Products for the benefit of farmers and other stakeholders
- To prepare data/information products (like Alerts, Outlook Reports, Announcements, SMS, MMS, Voice Messages, emails, Bulletins, etc.) for dissemination to various stakeholders; this includes among others, price forecasts before sowing and during harvesting of selected farm commodities.
- To suggest policy measures to the Government of Maharashtra.
Commodities to be covered
On the basis of area under cultivation, following 30 commodities are shortlisted for coverage in CIAMI. During the first three years, AMIS will cover 20 commodities. In the first year, four commodities (Soybean, Tur, Maize and Tomato), in the second year, six commodities (Gram, Onion, Pomegranate, Eggs, Cotton and Turmeric), and in the third year ten commodities (Mung, Safflower, Potato, Grapes, Cashew nuts, Red Chilli, Udid, Groundnut, Poultry and Lemon) will be included in coverage of AMIS. The remaining 10 commodities will be covered subsequently.
Data/Information Products to be produced by CIAMI
- Commodity-wise and market-wise daily spot and futures prices and arrivals
- Monthly commodity-wise bulletin on marketing and prices
- Annual commodity-wise report on marketing and prices
- Commodity-wise Seasonal Forecasts of spot prices (two for each commodity) and their revisions
- Commodity-wise Medium term Forecasts for the next year prices
- Commodity-wise Long term Forecasts for the next five years.
- Other specific data products and reports requested by the industry and policy makers
Price Forecast Reports
Disclaimer -(The purpose of this report is to analyze the existing market situation and estimate the price trends in future. The estimates are subject to change due to changes in natural and economic factors – both domestic and international – affecting prices. There is no guarantee whatsoever that they would come true. The readers should use them with caution. If any person using these forecasts incurs any type of losses, the MACP project is in no way responsible for such losses).
For More Information Contact
Maharashtra Agricultural Competitiveness Project,
Centre for Indian Agricultural Marketing Intelligence (CIAMI)
Plot No. F/E/78, 1st Floor, LDB Building, Market Yard,
Gultekdi, Pune- 411037 Tel.: 020-24270315/16
Website – macp.gov.in.